Resistance Model Developed by MacVaugh and Schiavone in 2010
- Core Idea is to Focus more on the non-Adoption decision with the aim to explain resistance rather than acceptance
- Based on a historic literature review, the authors argue that resistance occurs in different domains, which can be described as a macro-dimension (market/industry), a meso-dimension (social system) and a micro-dimension (individual)
Fogg Behaviour Model
- Developed by BJ Fogg in 2009
- Core Idea is thet three elements must converge at the same moment for a behavior (or acceptance) to occur: Motivation, Ability, and a Prompt.
- Particularly the idea that a certain prompt or trigger is necessary to change learned behaviour or habits is highly relevant for innovation acceptance research